When is check in and check out?
Check in is at 14h00 and check out is at 11h00
Credit cards accepted
Master, Visa, and American Express
220V AC current
Experiences such as hot air ballooning, golfing, scenic tours etc may be booked on your behalf at an additional fee
What is the risk of malaria?
Monwana is located in a low risk malaria area, but we do recommend that you consult with your doctor regarding anti-malarial prophylaxis
The best time of year to go on safari?
This largely depends on your personal preference
Spring/Summer (September– March):
- Temperatures are hot in summer (around midday being the most extreme heat)
- It traditionally rains in summer, with occasional powerful electric storms – usually fairly short in duration
- There are more insects in summer
- The bush is thicker, so the animals are not as easy to see
- There are a lot of babies in the wild at the start of the summer season
- Water is more abundant, which means that animal species are more dispersed and not as concentrated at rivers and perennial water sources
- Bird viewing is more plentiful as migratory species return
- Temperatures are very pleasant, with warm and sunny days. Before and after sunset it gets cold (you will need to be prepared for game drives, with jersey, windbreaker, beanies, scarves and gloves)
- It is traditionally dry in winter, which means that the bush thins out – the animals are therefore easier to see
- Many animals move towards more predictable perennial water sources
- Many of the migratory birds move to the northern hemisphere
15% South African value-added tax (VAT) 15% is included in the price of most goods, services and hotel accommodation. If you are a foreign tourist, you qualify for a VAT refund on items purchased and taken out of the country, although tax paid on goods consumed and services rendered is not refundable.
- Sunhat, sunglasses and SPF cream
- Comfortable walking shoes
- Neutral coloured clothing for game drives
- Cameras and binoculars (we do have binoculars available for our guests’ enjoyment)
- Summer: lightweight clothing and swimwear, warm clothing for game drives
- Winter: light clothing for daytime, very warm insulated clothing for game drives
Children of 12 and over are welcome
- In line with reserve protocols, no person below the age of 16 may participate on guided bush walks
- Children of all ages welcome if the lodge is booked exclusively
What does your daily rate include and exclude?
Breakfast, lunch, dinner; two game drives per day; beverages (bottled water, soft drinks, local beers, spirits and wines), laundry, and WiFi
*The Monwana Villa also includes your private butler and exclusive safari vehicle
Premium brand alcohol; spa treatments; telephone calls; purchases from the safari boutique; gratuities; conservation and park fees/ levies; any additional items of a personal nature